8.12.2009

MRI results

I had the MRI yesterday. Good grief...they are expensive! $2,270. And I had to sign something saying I still wanted it even if Medicare didn't pay for it. I'm counting on my secondary insurance to cover it. (Isn't it interesting that I started Medicare in the same month that I start delving into cancer treatments etc.?)

So anyway, Melodie (my cancer navigator at Providence Cancer Center) said she'd see if the radiologist would talk to me about the MRI results. Later she said he agreed to and that he'd call today at around noon. However, today she called me saying he would rather talk to me after my surgeon talks to me. Understandable. I know that the lead person is the surgeon in this kind of thing and that other people involved would not want to step on his toes.

My first appointment with the oncologist, Dr. Lechner, is next Tuesday, just before I see the surgeon again. They'll both have the MRI results. That's perfect timing for me...I'll see what they both recommend before I decide what the next step is. Still am torn about whether to do radiation or not.

I'm starting to perk up again after a couple of weeks of fatigue. Someone should've warned me to get more sleep than usual. Oh wait, cousin Marie did mention one evening that she noticed I was still on-line at 2 a.m. and told me to get to bed. So I've been trying harder to go to bed earlier than usual and it helps. (ooops, it's almost midnight and I'm nowhere near ready to hit the sack.)

I’m going to start filling up my fridge with green veggies. I remember hearing right after 9-11 that they help control stress. Gotta start getting some fun new habits like this. Besides, I love love love a big bowl of steamed broccoli! And spinach. And kale. Hmmmm, maybe I should bring my juicer to the apartment and start juicing too. Makes big sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment